Instructions and safety precautions
- Safety glasses should be worn at all times when using the recycler.
- Before puncturing, the cylinder must be empty. It is recommended that EIGA IGC document 30 Disposal of Gases is followed before puncturing.
- The operator should be familiar with the properties of the gas as described on the safety data sheet, paying particular attention to safety and environmental data.
- The tool should be fixed to a stable surface using two M6 bolts (not supplied).
- Place the empty cylinder centrally in the recycler tool and wind the handle slowly clockwise until the bottle is fully pierced. As a precautionary measure, it is advisable to carry this out in well-ventilated area such as a fume cupboard or outdoors.
- The handle should now be wound slowly anti-clockwise to release the
cylinder from the tool. The cylinder can then be recycled or disposed of by the preferred method.