Aquarium Test Strips, 5 pad
The 5-Pad Aquarium Test strips monitor 5 different variables that are significant for aquarium health: pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, Nitrate, and Nitrite. The special pH test pad is designed for low-ionic and low-buffered waters present in aquariums. These test strips can be used to test both freshwater and saltwater ponds and aquariums. Our aquarium test strips measure water hardness due to calcium carbonate and can help you determine whether you have hard or soft water in just seconds.
- Remove one test strip from the vial, holding the end of the test strip between your index finger and thumb. Do not touch the test pads with your fingers.
- Dip the test strip, immersing all 5 pads, into the solution being tested for 1 second.
- Remove and shake off excess liquid.
- Immediately compare the alkalinity pad to the color chart, followed by Nitrate and Nitrite.
- After 1 minute, read the pH and Hardness pads.