Pool Test Strip, 3 pad
The 3 Pad Pool test strip monitors 3 different variables vital to swimming pool health: pH, Chlorine (0 – 5ppm), and Alkalinity. The pH pad detects a range of 6.8 to 8.0, while the Alkalinity pad is calibrated at 0, 1, 40, 80, 150, and 200ppm. The Chlorine pad is for low levels of Chlorine and is calibrated at 0, 1, 3, 5, & 10ppm. The special pH test pad is designed for low-ionic and low-buffered waters present in pools.
- Remove one Pool test strip from the bottle, being careful not to touch any of the test pads with your fingers.
- Dip the strip into the water, completely immersing all test pads.
- Swirl 3 times and remove immediately.
- Hold the strip level (do not shake off excess water).
- Compare to the color chart immediately, beginning with Total Alkalinity (the thumb symbol on the color chart), then Chlorine, and finally after 15 seconds, pH. Keep in this order to aid color reactivity time.