Pool Test Strip, 5 pad
The 5 Pad Pool Test Strips monitor 5 different variables vital to swimming pool health: pH, Hardness, Total Chlorine, Free Chlorine/Bromine, Total Alkalinity. The narrow-range pH pad detects a range of 6.8 to 8.4, while the Alkalinity pad is calibrated at 0, 1, 40, 80, 150, and 200ppm. The Chlorine pad is for low levels of Chlorine and is calibrated at 0, 1, 3, 5, & 10ppm. The special pH test pad is designed for low-ionic and low-buffered waters present in pools.
- Remove one Pool test strip from the bottle, being careful not to touch any of the test pads with your fingers.
- Dip the strip into the water, making sure all pads are fully immersed.
- Swirl 3 times and remove immediately.
- Hold the strip level (do not shake off excess water).
- Compare the test pads to the color chart beginning immediately, starting from Total Alkalinity (the thumb symbol on the color chart), then Free Chlorine or Bromine (conversion), Total Chlorine, Total Hardness, and finally, after 15 seconds, pH. Keep in this order to aid in color reactivity time.